gothic

Post new topic  Reply to topic Gothic (international) -> Re: Not posting but saying it has?????????
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeadPunk

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2005 21:39    Post subject: Not posting but saying it has????????? Reply with quote

What's going on with the forums???
I have tried to post but can't get what it says has benn added to actually show up on my
screen.. icon_sad.gif
If anyone can help it would be most appreciated..

weebo

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2005 08:37    Post subject: Not posting but saying it has????????? Reply with quote

MUFFINS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeadPunk

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2005 17:37    Post subject: Not posting but saying it has????????? Reply with quote

Now that really sucks arse.. ;(

Michael_MD

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2005 18:20    Post subject: Re: Not posting but saying it has????????? Reply with quote

DeadPunk wrote:
What's going on with the forums???
I have tried to post but can't get what it says has benn added to actually show up on my
screen.. icon_sad.gif
If anyone can help it would be most appreciated..

did you think about sending an email to the moderator explaining what happened? (with as
much info about exactly where it happened as you can remember ... what version of the
boards, what urls, what links were clicked on, what browser you are using, etc)

How can I fix a problem if nobody tells me exactly where/when the problem is happening?

I'm right here... I don't bite (unless asked to icon_smile.gif).. just tell me what happened!

DeadPunk

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2005 21:11    Post subject: Not posting but saying it has????????? Reply with quote

Sorry mate I am unfamiliar with this board type and i've never seen a link to contact the
board mod..

As best I can say all it does is let me log in then I type my message and then it says
thanks for contributing and then I check to see if my text has turned up at the bottom of
the screen and nothing yet I can post to other threads on this board??????????

As for my system it's a totaly upto date XP Pro sp2 machine with all updates aplied..
I must say thought that it wasn't until after those idiots from that wilf mountain mob
lobbed and posted bloody country music shite that it happened...

I hope this is of some help..

Michael_MD

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2005 15:54    Post subject: Re: Not posting but saying it has????????? Reply with quote

I need more details... exactly what form were you using to post?
Which version of the boards? (please copy/pase the urls if you are not sure!)
Where you still logged in after the problem? (if not maybe that might be a clue) - also
what links did you click on (in spraci) just before the problem happened?

I have seen posts complaining about a mystery "posting problem" for over a year now but I
have not been able to see the problem whenever i test it and their descriptions have been
way too vague for me to get even a slight clue about what the actual problem might be.
My guess is that some people might be using the boards in a different way than I have
thought of myself or following links in some old section of the site that I've long
forgotten about (and might need updating)
(combined with default IE6 settings causing cookies not to be returned resulting in being
logged out unexpectedly - I can't do much about the IE6 problem except to try to pass
session ids in urls wherever possible and advise people to check their settings to allow
the session cookies)

btw were you using spraci.com or spraci.net?
(both are the same site but it might make a difference when there is a link somewhere from
one to the other with no session id in it)

Re: Regarding the board types there are actually three versions of it and they are all
somewhat unique to spraci.
Though the front-end of one of them is based on phpbb, the backend is quite different.
All three types share the same backend and use the same data - they just look and behave a
bit differently. Each time I put up a new version there were always some people who
preferred the old one so I let people have the choice.
- Also - there are features that most types of boards do not have that I did not want to
lose like real threading (not just a "topic"), thread-from-anything, cross-posting, etc
and admin is much more managable being able to look at an admin page showing all new
messages on ALL the spraci boards.

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Gothic (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: