WORLD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete_Paranoid

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2005 22:43    Post subject: Avatars: a question for MichaelMD Reply with quote

Hey Michael,

Firstly, sorry if Iput this in the wrong section.

There is a whole lot of things I should be doing right now, so I'll be brief. Why isn't my

"In Hinduism, an avatar or avatara (Sanskrit अवतार), is the
incarnation (bodily manifestation) of an Immortal Being, or of the Ultimate Supreme Being.
It derives from the Sanskrit word avatāra which means "descent" and usually implies a
deliberate descent into mortal realms for special purposes. The term is used primarily in
Hinduism, for incarnations of Vishnu the Preserver, whom many Hindus worship as God. The
Dasavatara (see below) are ten particular "great" incarnations of Vishnu.
Unlike Christianity, and Shaivism, Vaishnavism believes that God takes a special
(including human) form whenever there is a decline of righteousness (dharma) and rise of
evil. Lord Krishna, an avatar of Vishnu, according to Vaishnavism that is espoused by
Ramanuja and Madhva, and God in Gaudiya Vaishnavism, said in the Gita: "For the protection
of the good, for destruction of evil, and for the establishment of righteousness, I come
into being from age to age." (Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 4, verse 8.) In any event, all Hindus
believe that there is no difference between worship of Vishnu and His avatars as it all
leads to Him.
The word has also been used by extension by non-Hindus to refer to the incarnations of God
in other religions, notably Christianity, for example Jesus."
Source: wikipedia

Rightly or wrongly, I feel like my soul has been banned. I am very offended as it was
working previously.

I went on a ALIA backstage tour last night for the Oasis gig. I played on the desk
(wholehog II modules), the rig had colour scollers on the pars and blinders, and had
MAC2000 performance movers, (rare in OZ to my knowledge,) not only does it have rotating
gobos, but they scroll any way you want. Wicked! etc. etc. I shook the lighting ops hand
with a shine in my eyes.
For the first time in a long while I felt like I had some sort of REAL future, inspired,
and comfortable with who I am.IT WAS LIKE WHAT I WAS DOING WAS ACTUALLY MEANING
SOMETHING!

Please help!

Razpect!

Michael_MD

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2005 11:28    Post subject: Re: Avatars: a question for MichaelMD Reply with quote

Pete_Paranoid wrote:

There is a whole lot of things I should be doing right now, so I'll be brief. Why isn't my

I just checked...

I pasted the image url into a browser and got this error message:
"509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded"

So it looks like there is some kind of bandwidth limit at the server where your image is
hosted.

If you move the image to a different server and update the avatar image url in your
settings it should fix the problem.

You can upload images here on spraci in "my files" if you need somewhere to put it.

Pete_Paranoid

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2005 22:10    Post subject: Face full of tactic like a tattoo Reply with quote

Tahnks so much Michael.

Pete_Paranoid

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2005 22:16    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

I think I might give up trying to figure it all out now. icon_cool.gif

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Worldwide Rave Board (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: