playlists

Post new topic  Reply to topic Charts & Playlists (international) -> RUSS AIMZ CRUZING THE INDEPENDENT HIGHWAY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alrighteveryone

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 09:11    Post subject: RUSS AIMZ CRUZING THE INDEPENDENT HIGHWAY Reply with quote

Melbourne based singer/songwriter/guitarist Russ Aimz has finally dropped his much awaited
debut album. Beautifully presented with original artwork, pics etc, "Cruze" is the kind of
album perfect for those long country drives, capturing the very essence of the places Russ
writes and sings about. Able to hold a note well and with some truly inspirational sounds,
Aimz leaves his mark. Adding his own version of Fleetwood Mac's "Gypsy" shows Russ likes
to challenge himself while also demonstrating his range and diversity. Best songs range
from the slow moving "Here We Are" through the upbeat, earthy folk feel of "Postcard" to
the haunting "Mathew". With numerous awards behind him, Russ is well on the way to
following his idols success we wish him well.

Reviewer [Mark Rasmussen ~ The Buzz Magazine] (Aus)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The passionate strains of "The Grampians Song" opens Russ Aimz' debut confidently. His
earthy voice and the soaring strings work well together. Aimz, an Australian singer makes
music that has me thinking of other bands from that country. I'm hoping it's not all
prejudice on my part. "Melt" recalls the Go-Betweens literate jangle, and its exuberance
is all its own. Aimz is clearly capable of making hopeful songs without being too
sentimental. "Victoria" is gorgeous and epic and rhymes the title with 'euphoria' just
because it can.
"If I Give" has a message but exhibits enough self-doubt too not become too preachy. "If I
give to others will there be anything left for me" ponders the narrator. The anthemic
chorus and the use of strings work well here. A version of Fleetwood Mac's "Gypsy" closes
the record nicely. This is a very nice debut.

Copyright 2006 Anna Maria Stjrnell (Sweden) Luna Kaf

1.The Grampians Song (recieving airplay)
2.Laura
3.Melt
4.Idols and Heroes
5.Victoria
6.Here We Are
7.Postcard
8.If I Give
9.Matthew
10.Brand Nu Day
11.Pound Bend (won more airplay in community radio comp)
12.Gypsy (STEVIE NICKS/FLEETWOOD MAC cover)

JOIN RUSS'S FRIENDS ON MYSPACE RIGHT NOW IF YOU LIKE. Listen to Russ Aimz songs instantly
here *NOTE - YOU dont even have to join to hear his songs by the way, just click link
(below) and listen straight away for FREE). SONGS such as 'GYPSY' (Stevie Nicks
cover)'LAURA', 'Postcard' etc.....

Don't know what myspace is? Click on the purple LINK (below) right now, you'll love it!
It's FREE to join too! You can put a nice photo or many nice photos of yourself up there,
meet people, tell everybody about your favourite things,customize your own page to show
everyone your personality, great fun! (Helpful tip: For the join button,look in the top
right hand corner of page, when it opens up)

http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecomrussaimz

Russ Aimz

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Charts & Playlists (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: