gothic

Post new topic  Reply to topic Gothic (international) -> Re: An Inconvenient Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you see this movie?
  Yes
  No
  If no, why not?
View Results
Amaranth

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2006 21:04    Post subject: An Inconvenient Truth Reply with quote

Hello!

Just a shout out for a must see doco on world environmental truths.

An Inconvenient Truth.

Starring Al Gore, the real President of the
United States.

It is gripping, real and dangerously powerful.

Starts 13th September.

Watch it, tell people to watch it, spread the word.

Australia is the only other nation besides the United States to not be on the Kyoto Policy

"You owe it to yourself to see this film. If you do not, and
you have grandchildren, you should explain to them why you decided not to" - Roger Ebert,
Chicargo Sun Times

"Humanity is sitting on a ticking time bomb. If the vast
majority of the worlds scientists are right, we have just ten years to avert a major
catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tail-spin of epic destruction
involving extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond
anything we have ever experienced.

If that sounds like a recipie for serious doom and gloom -- Think again. From director
Davis Guggenheim comes the Sundance and Cannes Film Festival hit, AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH,
which offers a passionate and inspirational look at one mans feverent crusade to halt
global warming's deadly progress in its tracks by exposing the myths and misconceptions
that surround it.

That man is former Vice President, Al Gore, who, in the wake of defeat in the 2000
election, reset the course of his life to focus on a last-ditch, all-out effort to help
save the planet from irrevocable change. In this eye-opening and poignant portrait of Gore
and his "travelling global warming show" Gore also proves himself to be one of the most
misunderstood characters in modern american public life. Here he is seen as never before
in the media - funny, engaging, open and "downright on fire" about getting the suprisingly
stirring truth what he calls our "Planetary Emergency" out to ordinary citezens before its
too late.

With wit, smarts and hope, AN INCONVIENIENT TRUTH ultimately brings home Gore's persuasive
argument that we can no longer afford to view global warming as just a political issue -
rather, it is the biggest moral challenge facing our global civilisation.

"What we take for granted might not be here for our children." Al Gore.

http://www.climatecrisis.net

amaranth

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006 09:23    Post subject: Re: An Inconvenient Truth Reply with quote

Where the hell is everyone?

cultentacle

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2006 13:05    Post subject: Re: An Inconvenient Truth Reply with quote

i havent seen it..simple because i dont watch a lot of movies..and if i do, its mostly
because my brother rented it or something. although this does sound remotely interesting,
i wouldnt mind watching it. but again..i dont really go to theaters..unless its a movie
ive been wating for for a long time.

purplenewrocks

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2006 00:41    Post subject: Re: An Inconvenient Truth Reply with quote

I'm British. They don't give us much of a chance to see anything remotely political/from
America.
So I haven't heard of it I'm afraid.

DeadPunk

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006 14:33    Post subject: An Inconvenient Truth Reply with quote

I will definitely be watching this one..
Just been waiting till I actually had some cash to go see it with.. -_-

amaranth

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2006 19:10    Post subject: Re: An Inconvenient Truth Reply with quote

oi, u deadpunk. You live in Bris?

The Brisbane Mag has a free twin voucher for the queen st movies on Monday at 6:30pm

Grab the rag and rip the coupon out! I love coupons....

I'm going to this one, although I have seen this movie twice already now..

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Gothic (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: